Clear, creative communication
- 2005 – present: Adviser (part time) for Cultural Enterprise Office, Scotland www.culturalenterpriseoffice.co.uk
- 2007/8 Co-manager (part-time) NESTA Ideasmart investment programme for entrepreneurs
Freelance creative writing, research and production
- 2017 Completed draft Blood and Milk – children’s novel
- 2015 Joined Scottish Book Trust Live Literature scheme; qualified as Arts Award Adviser
- 2015 Founded Spinning Pizza Arts ‘using drama to make reading tasty’ www.spinningpizzaarts.org
- 2013 Dreaming Scotland: Project producer for this immersive sound and visual installation, and contributor to the book (ISBN 978 1 85119 207 6 Edited by David Griffith). Funded by Imagining Natural Scotland Fund.
- 2013 Creative Scotland funding to develop Lost in a Book, a second site-specific library play for family audiences.
- 2012 Playwright: Lottery – a site specific play for libraries. East Renfrewshire Arts tour a production directed by Charlotte Allen.
- 2012 Volunteer: Noting the Tradition, oral history project about piping heritage based at The Piping Centre, Glasgow, Scotland.
- 2012 “Aye Write” Annual Book Festival, Glasgow. ‘Words and Music’ facilitator for public writing workshops with musicians
- 2009 Librettist: Opera libretto, Passiflora, with composer Sally Beamish, part-performed as part of the National Opera Studio (London) showcase.
- 2006 Author: ‘A View’: publication about the work of Cultural Enterprise Office
- 2004-6 Regional administrator Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), promoting services and devising events for Scottish-based members.
- Freelance copywriting for brochures, websites and exhibition content (print and web)
- Founder and facilitator of book club for 12/13 years olds at Douglas Academy, Milngavie, Glasgow and creative writing club ‘Café Review’ in local bookshop for 12/13 year olds.
- 2002 Screenwriter: Frozen Assets, with composer Stephen Adam; selected for production via the Short Film Factory Eight and a Half scheme, winning prizes for sound and drama.
- 2002 MEDIA Sources screenwriting for youth workshop, Sweden.
- Newspaper feature writing covering a wide variety of campaigning topics for the Herald newspaper and others
- 1998 – 2001 Content writer and researcher for three Scottish millennium science exhibitions: The Big Idea (Ayrshire) , Glasgow Science Centre, Sensation (Dundee)
- 1993 – 6 Devised and administered several film and television producer training courses for Scottish Screen Training; delivered two Scottish Skillset employment surveys
- 1989 to 1993 As administrator, established the first Scottish office for the Producers Association for Cinema and Television (PACT) including initiating first Scottish co-production conference, Sharing Stories.
- Home and family management, voluntary work with young people, Chair of local School Board
- 1974 – 1985 Researcher (as Lowri Garland) for many series of arts, sport, religious and children’s programme departments for independent broadcast television companies in London, Southampton, Leeds and Newcastle.
- Compiled and edited publication ‘Photographic Collections in the North East of England’ for the (then) Northern Arts Association to secure the region’s photographic heritage.
- E MAIL: flyingpizza(at)talktalk(dot)net